Friday, August 1, 2008

#12 Creating community Through commenting

I must say that I think I have figured out how to do this lesson. Have my blog open on one page and the direction thing opened on another computer. I bet though soon I am going to want 3 computers going. !!!

I understand applying the rules we have to answering e-mails are true here also. I am just questioning how many comments do I have time to make. The 100 people read but only one contributes does make sense. There are times when I wish I could just read some e-mails and not respond, but there if we do not get back to a parent in less than a few hours, more e-mail seem to fly.

Will your blog, and comments to others be in the front of a court room one day?

I do remember starting out a faculty meeting one year with that being the catch to get our attention. One little thing someone wrote in an e-mail ended up being projected on a big screen in addition to being on one of those big flip charts.

Is there freedom of blogs?

Ok, so back to the questions

Two things that are very important are the ---- Reread what your are responding to, and Reread what you are writing before you hit the magic send button

I have just finished my comments on some of the blogs on the system. Several of the listed ones I was not allowed to add comments to ( even though I wanted to) because I was not a member of their team.


And I have previously made comments on some random blogs. They were mostly about certain photographs they had taken in some places, and I wanted to compliment them

so, bottom line of this activity, read, read, read, and then send. Right?

4 comments:

VWB said...

you are correct...you must always remember that in the computer age and 2.0 world...what you write can be found "anywhere" within minutes.

it is important to create community so that you know your readers know where you are coming from.

tiggeronmars said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tiggeronmars said...

It is comforting to know that others have thought about the legal aspects of what is said on blogs as well as elsewhere i.e. email. Sometimes knowing which blog to open or select to read can create a difficult choice. Personally, I have had to take some risks during this adventure in Library2play. Your blog was one of the ones I selected to respond to in completing my Thing 12 on the playground because of your blog's name. Traveling is right up my alley.

tech gal with a tech goal said...

Totally agreed with your time concern, some times is really hard to keep up just with e-mails, and yep. Read, think, write, read, send….