Friday, August 1, 2008

#16 Wikis

I met the concept of Wikis a few years ago when I had my GT class in the computer lab and they were all on Wikipedia changing the information on about everything to personalize it for the names of the students in the classroom. Anyone else in the world that was researching at that time was learning a very fractured version of History and Geography. Seeing how information was changing before my eyes as I went from machine to machine made me once again like to hold the printed word in my hand.

Now for me to learn more about Wikis from an academic viewpoint

to be continued---- Saturday at some point!!!-- Make this Sunday- I had obligations on Saturday-

This is something really neat. If all of the students had laptops we could do a brainstormning about a topic and end up creating something by the end of a period- groups that were not groups talking, but typing instead about something to organize. Interesting idea!!

I need to come up with some ideas to get them thinking, or writing along.

A continuing story about an area using physical features. Describing an area where someone writes something down, and then they read what has already been written and add to it. Neat

This is good!!!

No comments: