Monday, August 4, 2008

#23 Final question- survey

#1- I loved learning about Flickr. I now have another great source of photos and can see how others viewed places I have been. Del.icio.us was also great to meet!!!

#2 Anything new that I learn about computers is great. When I began 300+ years ago at a computer store and touched my first 'motherboard' I never dreamed where it all would lead. There are so many new things to play with like the trading cards, and jigsaw puzzles, and mashups, and rollyo - wow!!!! Again, I want my new 25 hour day!!

#3 I liked how I could combine some of my prior knowledge with the new programs/ideas. One of my favorite items was to just click next blog at the top of any blog and see where it was coming from. At one point I was on one page that was telling me what was getting uploaded at any given minute. I do want to put the thing on my blog that tells me where the people are coming from. ( where in the world- but currently I have forgotten where that is)

#4 Check the websites on a few more computers that might not be running the same system as the school. I am trying hard to not download much on this home machine since it is older and has less memory / ( and little gremlins under the hood). I do have an additional hard drive for my photos, but I try to keep the general system a little clean. *** Do warn people they have to have the faster internet to do this at home- That was a delay in my working. I went through the local phone company and they had to boost the lines in the neighborhood to get to the 6 level of stuff. And it works better earlier in the day than at night.

#5 Yes since I now have the higher speed internet access.

#6 An interesting way to bond with the lapper on the kitchen table during the summer!! But I did enjoy the process

#7- And I have been doing that all along

Thanks for a good summer Vaughn!!!

1 comment:

VWB said...

whew! I NEVER thought you were gonna make it...with all of your service issues!

I have Feedjt on both of my blogs. So fun and addicting checking t see the "wheres" http://feedjit.com/

so glad you enjoyed yourself...high praise coming your considering your usual summer adventures!

p.S. now that you have hi-speed, let's work on getting a "modern" machine! :-) I'm not moving my possessed dinosaur for the same reason...saving for a Mac...returning to my roots! :-)

I hope you will keep the blog going with more geographically-type adventures!